Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving is on the Way!

Well turkey day is almost here and so starts my favorite season for cooking. Meats will be roasting with stews, chili's, and soups simmering. Breads and pies will be baked and endless streams of leftovers will be creatively reconciled. Carbs and fats will be our friends and potatoes will occupy a separate food group. Don't forget to take your statins! Of course as usual I will do everything considered wrong by the current food pundits of the age when preparing the all essential bird. I will not defrost in the fridge, I cannot spare the space, but instead my frozen fowl will reside in the sink overnight. Further throwing bacterial caution to the winds I will stuff my gobbler with my famous stuffing and it's glorious fat load obtained from a pound of ground sausage and a 1/4 pound of butter. After lovingly massaging a large quantity of sea salt and herbs under the breast skin I will roast her partially covered, sans meat thermometer, at a low temperature of 325 degrees until the legs practically fall off rendering all poisoning concerns moot. Despite the lengthy roast time, due to the stuffing fat, salt, and temperature, she will be moist, delicious and no one will suffer gastric upset. I hope your inspired to cook something new this year and I will be posting my all time favorites. Speaking of inspiration, The Pioneer Woman has a great looking oyster dressing recipe. I'm a big fan of oyster dressing so I'm planning to give it a try. Keep cooking like you mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment